- 2 to 3 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pound fettuccine (use rice-pasta for gluten-free version)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound peeled, deveined shrimp (if using frozen shrimp, defrost by
running cold water over them for a few minutes)
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
1 Fill a large 8-quart stock pot at least half full
with water and with 1 Tbsp of salt; bring to a boil.
2 While the water is the large stockpot is heating, bring a
smaller saucepan (2-3 quarts) half filled with water to a boil. Blanch
the broccoli in the boiling water for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
Drain and run the broccoli under cold water to stop the cooking. Set
3 Cook the pasta in the large pot of boiling water according
to the directions on the package (anywhere from 3 to 12 minutes,
depending on the type of pasta you have) until al dente, or still
slightly firm. Drain and toss with a little olive oil to keep from
4 While the pasta is cooking, combine the cream, wine, garlic,
and black pepper in a large skillet and bring to a simmer over high
heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 7 to 10 minutes until
the mixture thickens.
5 Add the shrimp and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until the shrimp
have turned pink on all sides. Toss in the broccoli and the parsley.
Mix in the fettucini. Salt to taste.