- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 6-to-7-ounce top blade steaks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin
- 1 lemon
Soak the onion slices in a bowl of cold water, about 10 minutes.
Pierce the steaks with a fork and season with salt and pepper. Mix the
Worcestershire and hot sauce in a baking dish, add the steaks and turn
to coat; set aside while you prepare the butter and salad.
Mash the butter, blue cheese and 1 tablespoon parsley in a small
bowl and season with salt and pepper. Drain the onion and pat dry, then
toss with the celery, 1 tablespoon olive oil and the remaining 2
tablespoons parsley in another bowl. Grate the zest from half of the
lemon into the celery mixture and squeeze in all of the juice. Season
with salt and pepper and toss.
Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat, then add the
remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil and cook the steaks until browned on the
bottom, 3 to 5 minutes. Flip and continue to cook 3 to 5 more minutes
for medium-rare. Transfer to a plate and let rest 5 minutes.Top with the
blue-cheese butter and serve with the celery salad.