- 1 cup of butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of almond flour (can substitute ground almonds*)
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar for sprinkling
*You can use slivered, blanched almonds and grind them up, but
you will have a very crumbly, hard to work with dough. It’ll still taste
1 Cream the butter and the sugar together until light
and fluffy. Add the extracts and mix.
2 Add the flour and almond flour. Mix thoroughly.
3 Take generous tablespoons of the dough (it will be slightly
crumbly) and roll it into a small ball, about an inch in diameter, and
then shape into a crescent shape. Place onto parchment paper and bake at
350°F for 15-20 minutes or until a light golden brown.
4 Dust with powdered sugar.
For added decadence let the cookies cool and dip one end of them
into some melted chocolate, then let the chocolate harden.
Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies.