- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large tart cooking apples cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (half a stick) butter
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace (can substitute ground nutmeg)
1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Slice and peel squash and apples.
2 Put squash cubes in ungreased 7x11-inch baking dish. Place
apples on top and then cranberries. Mix the flour, salt, sugar, and
mace and sprinkle on top. Dot with butter. Bake 50-60 minutes.