- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium sugar pumpkin, seeded, peeled and
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock, or more as needed
- 1 sprig each fresh rosemary, thyme and
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Cinnamon for garnish
1. Heat the olive oil in a large
skillet over medium-high heat. Add pumpkin and onion and saute until
lightly browned (you may have to do this in batches).
2. Transfer to slow cooker and pour
in enough chicken broth to cover the pumpkin. Tie all the herbs and
spices into a piece of cheesecloth and add to slow cooker. Cover and
cook on low for four hours.
3. After four hours, remove herbs
and puree the soup with a blender. Stir in heavy cream. Ladle into
bowls and garnish with cinnamon and toasted pumpkin seeds.