- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1/2 pound spicy or hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 14.5-ounce cans diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 Tbsp dried sage
- 3/4 pound fettuccine
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
Add shallots and garlic and sauté until beginning to soften, about 3
minutes. Add sausages and sauté until no longer pink, breaking up the
sausages a bit, about 5 minutes. Add cream; simmer 5 minutes. Add
tomatoes with juices. Add sage. Simmer until sauce thickens, stirring
occasionally, about 15 minutes.
2 Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water
until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup
3 Return pasta to same pot; add sauce. Toss over medium heat
until sauce coats pasta, adding reserved cooking liquid by 1/4 cupfuls
if mixture is dry. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl;
sprinkle with cheese and serve.