- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined shrimp, tail
off, split down middle
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves chopped
Heat a terra cotta pot or a similar oval pan. Add olive oil and
toss in sliced garlic. Bring to a bare simmer and keep on the lowest
heat possible so the garlic toasts to a golden brown- about 15 minutes.
Season shrimp with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add to the pot
and remove from heat. Allow to cook until pink and tender. Finish by
squeezing juice of whole lemon over shrimp and sprinkling with chopped
parsley. Use a slotted spoon to fish out prawns and serve on a platter
topped with toasted golden garlic shavings and parsley.