500lbs 500 gms udon noodles (Ok – I accept! I
was v hungry when I wrote this post!)
- 1 onion,chopped
- 3-4 spring onions,chopped- whites and greens seperated
- 1 carrot, cut into juliennes
- approx 1 cup sugar snaps
- 2-3 garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger, sliced into thin strips
- 3-4 petite baby choy sum
- approx 1 cup sprouts
- 1-2 tbsp japanese soy sauce (as per taste)
- 1 tbsp chilli oil (or as per taste)
- few Nori strips (just cut roasted seaweed sheets into thin
- salt to taste
Boil udon noodles in water, as per package instruction. Meanwhile in a
wok- heated in high heat, add 1 tsp oil , then saute onions, spring
onion whites,garlic and ginger for 1-2 min.
Add the sugar snaps and carrot and saute for another 2-3 minutes.
Since it is on high heat make sure to keep stirring the vegetables to
Add the chopped greens and saute for another 1 minuted when it starts
Add the noodles, soy sauce, chilli oil along with sprouts – give it a
good toss until the noodles are coated with the sauce.
Garnish with nori and spring onion greens and serve hot. Make sure to
make this dish as near to serving time as possible.