Thank you for stopping by my site. Cooking is one of my hobby!
I love to cook, bake and try new recipes.
These recipes are all tried and true, foolproof guaranteed successful. My recipes.ucoz.com is a website devoted to finding the best recipes, and
presenting them to you with simple instructions and lots of pictures.
* 2 slices sandwich bread, crusts removed * 1/4 cup buttermilk * 1 pound meatloaf mix (the combo of ground beef/pork/veal) * 1/3 cup grated Parmesan * 1 egg yolk * 2 minced garlic cloves * 1/2 teaspoon oregano * Salt and pepper * 2 tablespoons olive oil * 3 cups prepared marinara sauce * 2 cups water * 8 ounces spaghetti, broken in half * 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1. Tear bread into small pieces and mix with buttermilk in medium bowl until it forms a paste. Add meat, cheese, egg yolk, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper and mix. Form into meatballs, using 2 tablespoons of meat mixture per meatball.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over high heat. Sear meatballs on one side for one minute. Turn meatballs over to cook very briefly on the other side and transfer to plate lined with paper towel. Wipe out skillet.
3. Add sauce and water to skillet, add pasta and turn heat to medium high. Cover and cook, stirring often, for 8 minutes.
4. Nestle meatballs into spaghetti, seared side up. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook for 4 more minutes, stirring from time to time. Uncover and cook for 4 more minutes or until spaghetti is done, stirring gently from time to time.
5. Transfer to plates and sprinkle with basil and more Parmesan cheese.