Ingredients – Serves 2-3
- 1 packet Hakka Noodles (200gms, 7 Oz )
- 4 spring onions, sliced crosswise, greens and whites separated
- about 1 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup frozen beans
- about 1 cup thinly sliced multi colored capsicum
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 medium celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2-1 cup bean sprouts
- 1-2 garlic, finely minced
- 1-2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce (depending on the brand, you might
- 1 tsp vinegar(optional)
- 1-2 tbsp chilli sauce, as per taste (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
Note: Try whatever vegetables you have on hand. Add
Vinegar little by little depending on your taste buds. You can also add
1-2 tbsp Ketchup to the stir fry. If you want to create like the
roadside stalls, add in more oil to the noodles in the middle of
cooking. I have avoided excess oil to keep it healthy
Boil the noodles as per the package instruction. Add salt, oil to
When it is about 85-90% cooked, drain the noodles and toss it lightly
with cold water. Drain it completely and set aside until ready to use.
Meanwhile heat a wide skillet. If you own a Wok, then it is best to
use it for this. Heat about 1 tsp of oil until it smokes. Make sure you
have all the vegetables ready by the side since its all about quick
cooking. Add the garlic followed by spring onion greens, bell peppers,
cabbage, celery, carrots and beans. Toss on high flame for 2 minutes.
Don’t leave the vegetables on their own since at this stage they can
easily burn. You would want to keep tossing them.
When you find the vegetables softening slightly , add the noodles,
soy sauce, vinegar, salt, pepper, chilli sauce (and ketchup if using) ,
bean sprouts along with spring onion greens.
Give it a good toss and saute for another minute or so.
Serve hot and immediately.